Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Mission: The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a Christian voluntary organisation, called by Baptism and inspired by Gospel Values. The members of the Society seek to grow spiritually and to serve the needy and suffering in a spirit of justice and Charity.
What do we do:
- Review cases which are referred to us through the various social channels or those who approaches us directly through word of mouth.
- Counsel them on how to get organised and advise them on channels to obtain assistance to get them back on their feet.
- Ensure that their children's education are taken care off through bursary and offer of free text books.
- Provide them with ration and cash for their daily needs.
- Raise funds to support our activities through organisation of activities like carnivals etc.
- Organise outings to entertain them like visits to Sentosa, Newater plant, airport, beach etc.
What commitment is needed:
- Meeting twice a month on Wednesdays 8pm to about 9.30pm.
- Ration and cash distribution